Re: libCurl and Openssl 1.1.1d build errors

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:19:01 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019, Steve Foxover via curl-library wrote:

> I get so far but run into many errors like
> openssl/bio.h(686): error C2061: syntax error: identifier
> 'DEPRECATEDIN_1_1_0'
> openssl/asn1.h(555): error C2085: 'ASN1_STRING_get0_data': not in formal
> parameter list

This makes it look like you don't have the DEPRECATEDIN_1_1_0() macro defined
properly? It exists in the opensslconf.h header on my machine(s).

> Does libCurl support openssl 1.1.1 on Windows?

Yes (as that support is platform independent). We also ship our default curl
executable on Windows built with that version since a long time back:
https://curl.haxx.se/windows/

> Are you required to build openssl 1.1.1 with enable-deprecated and define
> OPENSSL_USE_DEPRECATED somewhere to make it build?

You're not required to do that and openssl provides that define themselves in
their headers!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me