Re: Aw: Re: Can't compile lib-curl with openSSL on windows

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 17:26:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019, baschdel_98_at_web.de wrote:

> "... Curl isn't supporting https. Install curl with support auf https and
> try again."

That sounds like an error message provided by something else than curl.

When you build curl with the winbuild makefile, you need to point out the
OpenSSL directory accordingly and I didn't see that in your command line. Did
you?

> No I haven't used that property while building curl. Is this another flag to
> set?

The "ca bundle", known somethings as a "ca store" is in the case of OpenSSL a
separate file that you need to point curl to so that it can verify the
server's certificate that it provides in the TLS handshake. I recommend
getting it from here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html

curl with OpenSSL cannot use the CA store that's is included in Windows.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me