Re: Tests and randomness

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 13:44:50 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, James Fuller wrote:

> this is cool - it occurred to me that we also could run reverse order of
> tests (but random is fine as well ... I would suggest making order options
> configurable with default being random.

I agree, at least in the CI builds. But probably everywhere. First we just
need to make sure it is reliable...

> the next evolutionary step after unlinking order deps might be parallelising
> test runs ... related but different set of challenges there.

Yeah, that's something we've been wanting and discussing on and off a long
time now. The challenges involved are not insignificant.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me