Re: Issues implementing an async certificate validation engine

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 23:16:02 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, Valerio Di Gregorio (vadigreg) via curl-library wrote:

> My understanding is that ASYNC_start_job() has to be called again by libcurl
> to resume the async job.

I don't understand this remark. Aren't you doing the cert verfication in the
callback? Are you going to return from the callback without being done and
then somehow keep verifying "in the background" ?

> This generally happen in SSL I/O calls like SSL_Read/Write. Matt from
> OpenSSL mailing-list told me: "When your application knows that the callback
> is ready to continue it must ensure that whatever OpenSSL I/O operation was
> in progress prior to the pause is then invoked again.". Do you know of any
> libcurl function I can call to resume the SSL async job?

Sorry, but I don't. I don't understand how these OpenSSL APIs work and I don't
understand how you envision this should work together with libcurl even if
everything worked the way you wanted them to!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!