Re: FTP error 426 not handled?

From: Daniel Jeliński via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 09:11:28 +0100

wt., 18 lut 2020 o 15:43 Christian Schmitz via curl-library
<curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> napisał(a):
> First case wit error 426:

What Curl version? Quick googling reveals that there was a bug [1] in
FTP handling, which was fixed in 7.45

> Second log with no response:
>

> We are completely uploaded and fine
> Remembering we are in dir "files/"
> TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS alert, close notify (256):
> FTP response timeout
> control connection looks dead
> Closing connection 0
> TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS alert, close notify (256):
>

> Has someone seen this?

This is a recurring theme, I've seen reports from 2009 [2] regarding this issue.

> Any idea how to fix it?

Well there are 2 possible explanations for this; one is that the
connection is really dead, in which case there is nothing Curl can do.
Other is that Curl simply doesn't wait long enough; we currently do
not wait for the server to acknowledge that it received all data on
the data connection, we only wait on the control connection.
Can you provide steps to reproduce this issue?
Regards,
Daniel

[1] https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/405
[2] https://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2009-08/0057.html