Re: Crash when using CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 16:09:00 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, Antoine via curl-library wrote:

> I'm getting a constant crash with libcurl when using the
> CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH option. From what I could investigate it crashes in
> the following function in ftp.c :
> static CURLcode wc_statemach(struct connectdata *conn)
> It crashes on the call to the chunk_bgn callback:
> userresponse = conn->data->set.chunk_bgn(
> finfo, wildcard->customptr, (int)wildcard->filelist.size);

How can it crash on that call? Isn't that the calling the function pointer
you've told curl to use? What exactly happens in the crash?

> It wasn't crashing in our previous versions using libcurl 7.41.0, but it now
> crashes constantly with version 7.64.1, although we haven't changed the code
> of our chunk_bgn callback function. Is that a known issue, I couldn't find
> any info online about it?

It don't think this is a known issue.

Can you help us reproduce this? Can you for example modify the ftp-wildcard
example (https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/ftp-wildcard.html) so that it crashes
in the same way if we point it to a public FTP server?

I tried that example now against 'ftp://ftp.funet.fi/*' and it worked just
fine for me.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!