Re: libcurl's throttling option can trigger its own transfer stall detection

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 23:16:23 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020, Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library wrote:

> I'm not completely sure that I'm interpreting this correctly, but it seems
> that setting the "throttling" option for uploads falls foul of the "low
> speed limit".

> Is there something unexpected here? Or is this how it should work? I guess I
> expected the speed limit detector to be inhibited while the upload is being
> throttled.

I think it is just an unintended consequence of those two option combos being
entirely separate and not playing very nice when set together like in your
example code. I consider it a bug, but if forced to grade it I wouldn't
consider it a very serious flaw.

If you have an idea of how it *should* behave in this case, feel most welcome
to work on a fix!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!