windows NTLM auth with sspi enabled fails mysteriously for some customers

From: Zach Hall via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:37:17 -0700

This one is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I am getting pretty desperate
so I will ask it anyway.

In order to get logins with default windows creds working, the previous
team who owned the product I work on changed our curl build to have it
build with command line option ENABLE_SSPI=yes. For our environment and the
vast majority of our customers' environments, this hasn't caused a problem,
However for some it causes login failures. I had one of the customers with
this problem test logging in with a libcurl.dll built with ENABLE_SSPI=no
installed in our install directory and they could login without issue.

Any clue why this might be happening?

-Zach Hall

P.S. We really can't pay you for support...