Problem linking lib-cares

From: Ben Greear via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 13:33:45 -0800

Hello,

On older platforms where libcares is old, it seems that my builds are broken
because the -L/usr/lib comes before the -L that is generated with the --with-cares [dir]
argument:

 From config.log:

21516 CPPFLAGS: -I/home/greearb/git/btbits/l4libs/c-ares.ct/include
21517 LDFLAGS: -L/usr/lib -L/home/greearb/git/btbits/l4libs/c-ares.ct/lib

So, it is linking the OS library instead of the one I built from recent source.

Any suggestions where to look to fix this? I think it must have been
broken sometime in the last year or so, as builds worked fine before I
rebased recently.

Thanks,
Ben

--