Re: Incoming DES headache with OpenSSL 3

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 17:51:02 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

> E) Other: ________

I might've overlooked a 5th way. I looked at the OpenSSL commit (via the PR at
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/10858) that added the deprecations for
the DES functions we use and it gives us a hint:

     Applications should instead use the EVP APIs, e.g. EVP_EncryptInit_ex,
     EVP_EncryptUpdate, EVP_EncryptFinal_ex, and the equivalently named decrypt
     functions.

... so possibly we can adjust the code to use that API instead. If that's
possible, this seems like the preferred method.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!