Testing curl on Windows

From: Brent Ufkes via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 16:57:51 -0400

Hey there,

I am struggling a bit with getting the tests to work with my custom built
curl.exe. I am currently building for Windows, so my dev steps go as
follows;

1. buildconf.bat
2. cd <curl_home>/winbuild/
3. nmake /f Makefile.vc ....
4. cd <curl_home>/tests

If you compare this to Linux, Linux has the built in "make test" command
that runs "runtests.pl".

Are there steps that I am missing to set up my Windows environment to make
it ready to run "runtests.pl" with my custom built curl? I am currently
running into errors like the following:

D:\curl\curl\tests>perl runtests.pl -p -c curl.exe -k
D:\Tools\gnu\make.exe: *** No way to make target `show'. Stop.
Can't exec "server/disabled": No such file or directory at runtests.pl line
2688.
readline() on closed filehandle DISABLED at runtests.pl line 2689.
Can't exec "server/sws.exe": No such file or directory at runtests.pl line