Minimal libcurl compile for windows

From: Testing WunTuTri via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 19:25:28 +0000

I did this

Compiling the static lib on windows with nmake yields libcurl_a.lib and a
bunch of obj files,

libcurl_a.lib needs to be in the folder with the obj files in order for my
program to compile without unresolved externals.

Which is GREAT! But,

I can't seem to disable certain curl features using nmake, the same way I
can do with
./configure && make && make install

./configure --disable-ares --disable-cookies --disable-crypto-auth
--disable-ipv6 --disable-manual --disable-proxy --disable-verbose
--disable-versioned-symbols --enable-hidden-symbols --without-libidn
--without-librtmp --without-ssl --without-zlib --disable-dict
--disable-file --disable-ftp --disable-gopher --disable-imap --disable-ldap
--disable-ldaps --disable-pop3 --disable-rtsp --disable-smtp
--disable-telnet --disable-tftp --disable-pthread --prefix=/curl

This is the configure command I use on git-bash sdk on the same windows VM
where I used nmake. Everything compiles without erros except the fact that
all I get is the libcurl.a library instead of libcurl_a.lib.

Using it in my program (x64/windows; http-get request to read string from
given host)

`
#include "curl/curl.h"

#pragma comment (lib, "crypt32.lib")

#pragma comment (lib, "advapi32")

#pragma comment (lib, "ws2_32.lib")

#pragma comment (lib, "wldap32.lib")

#pragma comment (lib, "normaliz.lib")

#pragma comment (lib, "libcurl/libcurl.a")
`

gives me 6 unresolved externals.

https://pastebin.com/raw/fFPVHZGR

I tried linking all the .o files to libcurl.a when compiling, with no luck.
I expected the following

make install to produce the libcurl_a.lib file
curl/libcurl version

7.70.0

I have been looking everywhere and I've spend nearly 10 hours today trying
to get this sorted, what am I possibly doing wrong?