Re: Minimal libcurl compile for windows

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 01:48:10 -0400

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 6:47 AM Testing WunTuTri via curl-library
<curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> That is interesting, I'll try the nmake command with additional flags today.
>
> But for what it's worth, I've managed to bring down the unresolved externals just to 1.
>
> libcurl.a(strerror.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__sys_nerr referenced in function Curl_strerror
>
> The others have been fixed by adding:
> #pragma comment (lib, "legacy_stdio_definitions.lib")
> #pragma comment (lib, "lib/libgcc.a")
>
> and I followed this little guide:
> https://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-discuss/2006-July/002415.html
>
> I just used grep for the symbol that was missing for me.
> Therefore I found that I need libgcc.a and moved it into the lib directory for my project.
>
> Unfortunately I can't find any related files for "strerror.o" or "__imp__sys_nerr"
>
> Do you have an idea if there are any flags I could use, which I already haven't, that would disable this functionality,

sys_nerr is a Linux symbol: https://linux.die.net/man/3/sys_nerr. It
is just an int.

Sorry, I have no idea about which flags to use. If I had to hazard a
guess, I'd say your configuration is off a bit. Like HAVE_STRERROR_R
is defined when it should not be.

Also see https://stackoverflow.com/q/11718915.

Jeff