Make cCURL request from PHP on IIS using Windows authentication

From: Chris Korzen via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 12:06:08 -0400

Hello, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding a
problem I'm having authenticating a php client to a remote service.

What I want to do is use NTLM authentication and automatically send the
credentials of the user that the client app's application pool is running
under.

I have set the following options. When I run this using fastcgi.impersonate
= 0 it authenticates to the remote service using the machine's AD
credentials, and when I use fastcgi.impersonate = 1, it sends no
credentials:

$curl->setOpt(CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_NTLM );
$curl->setOpt(CURLOPT_USERPWD, ":" );

I'm using the php_curl lib that ships with MS's php IIS build. I'm
wondering if perhaps I need to use a different build? Help appreciated!