Re: Memory leak with curl_multi_socket_action

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 17:07:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 24 May 2020, James Read via curl-library wrote:

> Valgrind reports a memory leak in my web crawler:

> What is memory being allocated for?

Since your stack trace has no debug symbols it is hard for us to tell exactyl
what's going on here.

> What do I need to free?

If you use the libcurl API as documented, there should be nothing else to
free.

> Is this a bug in curl or is something wrong at my end?

I can't tell because there's not enough information. I would prefer a
stand-alone source code that can reproduce the problem or if that's too hard,
maybe you could at least run a debug-version of libcurl with the symbols
present so that we can see a more descriptive stack trace there?

How often do you experience this leak? Do you know any triggers that make it
more likely to happen?

I don't think we have any known such memory leak (fixed since 7.68.0).

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!