Re: "Connection is still name resolving, can't reuse" error

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 08:44:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, Leo Song wrote:

> Instead of connection cache, I have implemented a custom class that allows
> multiple threads to share the connection pool, it seems working OK except a
> few thing.

How does it share this pool? I will again point to
https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/4915

> With this new change, I am now starting to get "Expect: 100-continue", which
> makes it wait for a server response for 1 second. This slows down my
> application, so I've set CURLOPT_EXPECT_100_TIMEOUT_MS to 1ms.

That seems pointless. Why not disable the header completely instead?

> I am sure my new change with the connection pool is causing this
> 100-continue because without this change, no 100-continue occurred. However,
> I have been struggling to pinpoint why/what is really causing this
> "100-continue"

Then you better explain clearly and with details what you did. Maybe share an
example code that can reproduce?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!