RE: High CPU Usage when using libcurl with c-ares

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:38:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020, Dorit Mari wrote:

> We upgraded the version of libcurl we're working with to 7.70.0, and the
> problem persists. I'm sorry, but currently I can't produce a small example
> source code that reproduces the issue.

I understand, but I hope you also understand that there's not a lot we can do
about this unless we can reproduce or get a (very) detailed description of
what happens and when.

Just "High CPU Usage" is simply too vague to go on.

> What do you mean by "resolver socket" and "transfer socket"?

Internally, there are multiple sockets in use and one of them is the socket
that is used for name resolving with c-ares: the resolver socket.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!