Re: curl vs libcurl wording in security advisories

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 12:07:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, Fritsch, Daniel via curl-library wrote:

> Is there a specific reason for these divergence between different
> advisories?

No.

I suspect they're mostly the result of copy and pasting with a bit sloppy
cleanups and my own personal "eroded" accuracy in using the correct terms.

We (should) spell it out in advisories if the flaw is limited to only libcurl
or only the curl tool. If not, both are affected.

Finally (and this is more of a general reminder to everyone): all past
advisories are present in the website git repository at
https://github.com/curl/curl-www and they're perfectly fine to improve and
provide pull requests for, as all docs is!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!