RE: time to remove Visual Studio project files?

From: Rod Widdowson via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 16:07:39 +0100

> Do you use them? Why isn't generating these files using cmake good enough?

I appreciate that this doesn't fully answer your question but....

I'd be *very* reluctant to see the NMAKE files go, but we have never used the vcxproj files. As I recall, I couldn't get over the apparent impedance mismatch between the multiple parameterization options and the configuration types.

If you go for a cleanup (or some CMAKE work) I would urge you to consider using the /MP (multi-processor) option. File by file compilation looks very pedestrian these days (although the time taken to do the OpenSSL file-by-file compile pretty much swamps everything).

So I guess my answer is "No", "Dunno".

Rod