Re: time to remove Visual Studio project files?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 09:40:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> I use the Visual Studio project files. I like that there's several
> configurations that I can switch between.

Isn't that just the equivalent of running different nmake command lines?

Why not just save a few common build setups as pre-written command lines?

> Changing the directory name will make it difficult for me to go back and
> forth between commits.

Yes true, but if we are to keep this build option I think we should make it
more accessible to users (people who build libcurl) and one step could be to
use a name that is more descriptive for what it is.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!