GET http request

From: Dewancker, Bart via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 07:17:31 +0000

Hi,

A question about http request in Curl version 7.64 on Debian buster.
The following images show the http requests and responses between a video recorder and an Axis camera. The video recorder runs on Debian buster OS and uses Curl version 7.64 to handle the http communication between recorder and camera.
An initial request to the Axis camera is answered with Unauthorized. After this response, a second request is sent to the Axis camera. But in this second request, some extra data has been added to the url head: /axis-cgi/admin/10.0.0.180 (see Figure 3).Due to this extra information, the requested page cannot be found. We have not seen this behavior on Debian stretch OS with Curl version 7.52. Is this a new option in version 7.64 compared to version 7.52? And if so, how can we disable this option?

WireShark trace

Initial http-request to Axis device:

[cid:image001.jpg_at_01D685C0.E79401A0]

Figure 1

Response by Axis device: 401 --> Unauthorized

[cid:image002.jpg_at_01D685C0.E79401A0]

Figure 2

Second http-request to Axis device:

[cid:image003.jpg_at_01D685C0.E79401A0]

Figure 3

Response by Axis device: 404 --> Not Found

[cid:image004.jpg_at_01D685C0.E79401A0]

Figure 4

With the curl version 7.52 on Debian stretch, after the Unauthorized response a second request was sent with the same url as the first request. And then the video recorder received the requested information from the Axis camera.

Thanks in advance.

Bart Dewancker
Advanced Software Engineer
VSK electronics n.v. | Honeywell Building Technologies
Venetiėlaan 39, B-8530 Harelbeke, Belgium
Office: +32(0)56 241951

bart.dewancker_at_xtralis.com<mailto:bart.dewancker_at_xtralis.com>
www.xtralis.com<http://www.xtralis.com/>