Hyper as a HTTP backend

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 16:54:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

I've taken on a project to make curl able to use Hyper as an optional HTTP
backend in curl. Hyper is a HTTP library written in Rust.

Hyper has not shipped a C API before so the work really started with me asking
for one [1] and joining their effort in designing an API that can work for
this purpose [2].

The general idea is to in the end able a curl/libcurl binary combination that
has a larger share of memorysafe components.

This project has recently started and there's a long way to go. I've not yet
actually made any curl changes and there's not yet any branch made available
with this, but it will come soon. Stay tuned.

There will be blog posts and more info about this in the near future. This
work is being sponsored by ISRG, the org otherwise most known as the people
behind Let's Encrypt.

[1] = https://github.com/hyperium/hyper/issues/2265
[2] = https://github.com/hyperium/hyper/pull/2278

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!