Re: libcurl configuration for sftp

From: Michael Loutris via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:23:11 -0500 (CDT)

> On 10/14/2020 9:46 AM Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 09:06:14AM -0500, Michael Loutris wrote:

> > > When you use these commands, does the logging show that authentication is
> > > performed with username+password, or is it being done with a key? Is the key
> > > encrypted on disk?
> > >
> > > Dan
> > Logging shows that authentication is done with a non-encrypted key.
>
> Good—that proves the key is working. Next, I'd confirm that there's not a
> compatibility issue with the ssh backend you're using. Which one is that? For
> example, recent OpenSSH has disabled many protocols supported by libssh2 and it
> sometimes has trouble negotiating a compatible one. Can you connect to the
> server using the appropriate command-line tool associated with the backend in
> use? For example, can you do an sftp download using the examples/sftp program
> in libssh2 (using the same library version as your libcurl and changing the
> keyfile* variables appropriately)?
Hi Dan

I will do as you requested and thank you for your time and expertise!
For clarification, you stated that the Windows OpenSSH library has disabled many protocols supported by libssh2 but the OpenSSH SFTP call from my client worked with the server.
Are there different flavors or configurations for SFTP?
-Mike