Re: libcurl configuration for sftp

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:37:10 -0700

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 10:23:11AM -0500, Michael Loutris wrote:
> I will do as you requested and thank you for your time and expertise!
> For clarification, you stated that the Windows OpenSSH library has disabled many protocols supported by libssh2 but the OpenSSH SFTP call from my client worked with the server.
> Are there different flavors or configurations for SFTP?

sftp is a protocol built on top of ssh. It's the ssh layer where the issue
likely is. OpenSSH disables and removes protocols that are no longer
considered secure and there was (is?) an unfortunate time where the
intersection of protocols supported by OpenSSH and libssh2 was the null set.
If such a combination of versions were used, it would mean no ssh connection
(and therefore no sftp connection) could be made.

Dan