curl / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

curl-meet

Re: How to curl up 2020?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 23:22:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

Thanks everyone!

With 56 responses, I couldn't have hoped for a better turn-out! I've put the
most important numbers in the curl up wiki:

   https://github.com/curl/curl-up/wiki/poll-2020

The key take-aways:

  - Seven European cities got more than 20%. Berin, Paris, Amsterdam were the
    top three choices. I think it shows that all of these seven are good
    choices.

  - Lots of respondends never attended a curl up.

  - A majority doesn't care about *when* on the year curl up happens, but among
    those that do, spring (May and April) is preferred.

  - A majority wants it to remain a Saturday + Sunday event

Slightly less conclusive, but still interesting:

41% didn't care about an event next to curl up, but among those that had an
opinion, having a generic one before curl up was the most selected choice at
23%.

How to use this information:

I will use this data as guide and input when planning next year's curl up, and
I'm sure we can look back on this even for a few more years.