Re: How do I read a regex address?

From: Paul Gilmartin via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 16:44:53 -0600

On 2021-07-15, at 14:13:35, ToddAndMargo via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> Globoff did the trick! Thank you!
>
> man curl:
>
> -g, --globoff
> This option switches off the "URL globbing parser". When
> you set this option, you can specify URLs that contain
> the letters {}[] without having them being interpreted
> by curl itself. Note that these letters are not normal
> legal URL contents but they should be encoded according
> to the URI standard.

If such characters are encoded, as required by:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc1738#section-2.2

... does that eliminate the need for --globoff?

It should. Curl should introduce no constraints on URL syntax
beyond those documentd in RFC 1738.

And the published URL should have beeen so encoded. If I Copy
the URL from the Firefox URL field it appears propeerly encoded as:
    https://uupdump.net/known.php?q=regex:%5B2-9%5D%5Cd%7B4%7D%5C.

-- gil