Re: What should we use curl.dev for ?

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 05:21:51 -0500

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 5:07 AM Daniel Stenberg via curl-library
<curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> I've been thinking back and forth on what to do with this new name. There are
> certainly many possibilities. We can use it as ...
>
> A. the new official web home (doesn't feel very attractive to me)
> B. a new "development centric" curl site front
> C. an entry-point to libcurl details
> D. host "everything curl"
> E. redirect to curl.se (feels very boring)
> F. something else! ideas?

Just my 2 cents because I despise complexity and the confusion it
brings... Do nothing with it other than own it to avoid squatting by
miscreants. Redirect web traffic to curl.haxx.se.

Everyone (?) knows cURL is at curl.haxx.se. There's no need to
complicate things with the vanity domain. If you split the
organization among different domains you will just confuse users.

Jeff