Re: MbedTLS problem

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 15:39:11 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Thomas Hua via curl-library wrote:

> I have some issues with the libcurl. I'm trying to integrate the libcurl in
> my application. It's currently working fine with the protocol HTTP but when
> I try to do a request with HTTPS I have this :
> Trying 93.184.216.34:443...
> * Connected to example.com (93.184.216.34) port 443 (#0)
> * mbedTLS: Connecting to example.com:443
> * mbedTLS: ssl_init failed

That is the mbedtls_ssl_setup() function returning an error:

  https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/lib/vtls/mbedtls.c#L394

I don't think this is a curl problem. You should probably ask the mbedtls
people what makes it do this and how you can fix it.

In general, I advice *against* using mbedTLS because of its lack of support
and that it doesn't keep up with modern TLS standards (like TLS 1.3). There
are better TLS choices available.