curl-users

Re: progress meter

From: Janne Johansson <jj_at_dynarc.se>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:50:25 +0100

> > I'd like "support" for 99+Mb though. A "max 5 chars"-mode with
> >
> > XXXXX (bytes)
> > X.XXk
> > XXXXk
> > X.XXM
> > XXXXM
> > X.XXG
> > XXXXG
> >
> > ...should be enough for "most" peoples patience while DL:ing. =)
>
> I like this idea.
>
> Actually, the "max 5 chars" could be changed to "max 8 chars" following
> Jörg's style and then we'd have support for:
> XXXXXXXX (bytes) <100MB
> XXXXXXXk <10GB
> XXXXXXXM <10TB
> XXXXXXXG <10*1024TB

The thing is that 98345987 already is 98M, whích might be hard to see.
                  ^^^^^^^^
                  8 chars

Check out the source for "df" and the option "df -h" (of gnu df that is)
since it does exactly what I like personally.

Knowing how much 98345987 is, compared to 98.3M when you just take a quick
look at it is quite hard.

--
"Backwards compatible means: If it's not backwards,
 it's not compatible."