curl-users

Accessing a client certificate store with OpenSSL (to pass a cert to libcurl)

From: <Mark_Rubin_at_factset.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 07:31:04 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to pass a client certificate to the server when making my SSL
connection with libcurl (on the client). I've been reading around whatever
documentation I can find for OpenSSL, but I haven't figured out how you use it
to access a certificate store and pull out a specific certificate so that I can
pass it to curl_urlget. A pointer in the right direction (if not more) would be
much appreciated. I'd like not only a way to access the store, but also to
select a certificate (or certificates) that meet certain requirements (e..g.
have a specific issuer, aren't expired).

I'd like to be able to do this on both Windows and *nix varieties. Does OpenSSL
present a platform independent way to do this, or do you have to write some
platform-specific code? I know in Windows I can use the Crypto API to get at
the certificate, but I'd like to use OpenSSL (just to have my code as consistent
across the different client platforms as possible).

Thanks for any help,
Mark