Re: certificate chains in curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:42:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Graeme Pyle wrote:

> my certificate is chained. "openssl s_client" works with the command
> line:

Forgive me, but I don't even know what a 'chained' certificate is!

> openssl s_client -cert realcert.pem -host -port 443 -bugs
> -CAfile list.pem
> but not without the CAfile parameter. curl also fails to authenticate.
> is there some way i can tell curl about my chain in a config file or
> environment variable?

This sounds like something I have not taken into account when I did the
certificate stuff in curl. It might be that we need to incorporate this.

Curl only supports -E which accepts one single file for certificate and
(private?) key.

      Daniel Stenberg - - +46-705-44 31 77