curl-users

The problem with 7.4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:28:15 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi

I thought I might owe you all an explanation for the quick 7.4.1 release.

I recently added some memory debugging functions in the new lib/memdebug.[ch]
files. They're compiled if the MALLOCDEBUG define is set. (Actually, they're
always compiled but they don't have any source to compile without those
defines.)

I accidentally left that debug-symbol defined in the src/Makefile.in and
lib/Makefile.in files.

The memory debug functions have only been made to compile and build cleanly
on solaris and even if they're meant to compile and build on all platforms,
they weren't intended to be built-in by default. It was a mistake.

I removed the defines in the two Makefile.am files and built a new release
archive, named it 7.4.1 and put it on the web site, uploaded it to
sourceforge.net and posted another announcement to the curl-announce mailing
list and freshmeat.

I'm sorry for the problems this may have caused.