curl-users

Re: curl --accert

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:57:45 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Clement Ng wrote:

> I would like curl to verify the server first before sending data to the
> server. I notice that the latest curl support --accert option.

Make that --cacert ;-)

> Can I specify the "Verisign Class 3 Primary CA" certificate to this
> option?

Yes, AFAIK that should indeed be possible.

> If I can, how can I get the "Verisign Class 3 Primary CA" certificate in
> PEM format?

I guess it depends on what format you have it in now. The 'openssl' tool in
the OpenSSL package is capable of converting a few different formats into
PEM. The most commonly requested might be the PKCS#12 format used by several
programs including Netscape, MSIE and MS Outlook.

If that is the case, I believe you can convert it with a command line similar
to:

 openssl pkcs12 -in inputcert -out outputcert.pem