curl-users

perl (was: more fixes?)

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:44:57 +0200

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 11:34:23AM +0100, Paul Harrington wrote:

> Well I'm a capable perl hacker but don't know much about writing modules
> that interface to C etc.

Me too. That's why that silly module is still incomplete... ;-)

> If someone can point me in the right direction on what is needed I can take a
> look - first thing would be to get the curl output into an array.

You could start with the Curl::easy module. By looking at it and reading
the h2xs and perlxstut manpages you'll get an idea of how to roll your
owd perl modules. The perlxs and perlguts manpages will give you further
information...

We would basically have to add a write-callback function that gets called from
libcurl and stores the output (that normally is written to a file) into an
internal buffer. After the end of the transfer, we should create a perl
variable and put the buffer contents into it.

Bye,
Georg