curl-users

Re: curl enhancement requests

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:31:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Marlow, Andrew (London) wrote:

[This mail is CC'ed to the mailing list, please direct further replies
concerining curl to the list, not to me privately]

> 1) Could you please change the Makefile so that optionally, curl can be
> built with a static library (libcurl.a) instead of a dynamic one?

You can do it youself:

        ./configure --disable-shared

This is actually mentioned in the docs/INSTALL file.

> 2) Can curl take a batch command line argument that supresses the
> repeated over-printing of upload statistics? For batch-mode just the
> final results will do.

I don't follow you here. I don't understand what "the repeated over-printing
of upload statistics" is?

In general, curl is not doing "batch" things. To make curl do lots of stuff,
you normally have to write a little script wrapper that invokes it multiple
times to do multiple things.

An alternative approach could be to write a perl/php/tcl/ruby-script that
uses the curl interface and it probably could do exactly what you want.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77