curl-users

Re: ANNOUNCE: curl 7.8

From: Pierre Z. <pierrez_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:02:25 +0200 (CEST)

Daniel,

I've downloaded curl 7.8 Windows binary (Win32-SSL) this morning and it
works fine on my NT laptop - AND: it has resolved the Relocation issue
I mentioned to you earlier (the one that caused "infinite loops" when
trying to fetch secure documents).
This is just great! And, I won't have to send you a whole bunch of
headers and cookies etc... as planned, to try to resolve this problem -
so much better!! :)

Somehow I suspected that this release could help, in fact it totally
removed the problem I had. Beware!

One question: because accessing specific data on that secure server
requires going thru a series of pages, and to reduce the number of
connections (I'm not sure about persistency) I'm wondering if there's
any way to go thru those pages in one single cURL command line
(therefore passing the headers/cookies along each new page
accessed...). I'm using files to receive/transmit cookies (not
"Name=Value" syntax)

I know one can pile up multiple URL's in a single line (and save to
multiple files), however can you use multiple "-b" (send headers to
server) and "-D" (save headers from Server) combinations on one command
line to make sure the cookies keep updated and transmitted from and to
the Server while cURL visits each page in the sequence? How would you
do this?

Thanks in advance,
   PierreZ.