curl-users

Re: ANNOUNCE: curl 7.8

From: Pierre Z. <pierrez_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 02:12:49 +0200 (CEST)

Daniel,

> Whoa! :-) One down, a thousand more to go...

         well, might not look that big a deal, but for me it means
hours of debug saved (I don't have those hours of time available for
debug, cool...), but more importantly I've been looking for ways to do
this (connect, fetch *and* save data from that specific secure Web
site) for many months and trying many things, until I discovered
cURL... This is a "first-time ever" kind of thing for me.

As for successfully managing cookies on a "multi-URL command line", my
doubt is about the fact that the Server, while hopping from page to
page, may send back a growing number of different cookies, and
therefore I'm wondering how cURL can decide to save/accumulate the
cookies as they come and "regurgitate" them to the Server in the
appropriate way and at the right time - all of this from a single
command line, just using "-b" and not saving cookies temporarily to
files...

Are you saying that cURL is able to do this, no sweat?

Thanks again -
   PierreZ.