curl-users

Re: libtoolize breaking me on 7.8

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:04:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Troy Engel wrote:

> libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.4'
> Fatal configuration error. See the libtool docs for more information.

That error message is a pain.

I _think_ this is because something in libtool 1.4 (that I use in the
development build process nowadays) doesn't work very good with the older
version of itself!

> If I try and run 'aclocal' as stated, it breaks a ton of stuff, so that's
> not an answer.

You're not using libtool 1.4 are you?

> This had worked fine with curl-7.7.3 just a bit ago.

Yeah, that was still made with the previous generation of the auto-tools.
I'm now using autoconf 2.50, automake 1.4-p2 and libtool 1.4.

I must admit I didn't expect that choice would make this problem pop up...

> Any clues, folks? I'm a little stumped...

Besides upgrading and crossing your fingers, not really. When I grow up, I
hope I'll learn more about the insides of these tools.

Anyone else?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/