curl-users

Re: Curl current speed can become negative....

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:48:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl wrote:

> It occurred to me that trying to bulk load some files from a web server
> (locally connected, 100Mbps) that the current speed column contains
> negative values.

[snip]

> The trailing zeros probably are left from previously printed larger
> numbers... Looking at the source the problem is not very obvious to me.
> It might have something to do wih the short transmis times.

Uh. That didn't look too nice! :-O

I attacked the lib/progress.c source and cleaned it up. I added comments and
made it slightly more readable and understandable. I also made the "curr
speed" column more accurate and I believe those negative numbers will now be
history.

So, when I upload pre4 (probably next week), it'll be interesting to see if
you can repeat that...