curl-users

Re: Need Some Help Installing OpenSSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:32:06 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Jeff Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to get OpenSSL to work on my account. It is hosted on a
> shared webserver running Solaris 7 and Apache 1.3.3 and I do not have
> root access.
>
> I unpacked Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA-0.12.tar.gz and I keep getting errors when
> running Make. Here's what I've tried when running the Makefile.PL:

Uh.

That is not a (plain) OpenSSL package. Get a proper one. They're all named in
the style: "openssl-VERSION.tar.gz" where VERSION is 0.9.6b in the most
recent OpenSSL package. You'll find them from http://www.openssl.org/

When you've unpacked it, run './config' and then 'make' and 'make install'.
Done.

If you'd rather install OpenSSL in your home directory, as you don't have
root access, then run the config like this instead:

 ./config --prefix=$HOME

and the others like explained above.

After it is installed, you can make curl's configure script find it by
using it like this:

 ./configure --with-ssl=$HOME