curl-users

no response from HTTPS server

From: phillip gramly <prgramly_at_flashmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:57:18 -0500

just getting my feet wet (hands dirty, or whatever) with cURL.

the objective: need to download a file from a HTTPS site which uses
certificates.

i went thru their certificate generating execise (using Netscape) and
successfully generated a private/public certificate pair. i copied this
to linux to use with cURL, but got the [35] couldn't use certificate error.

after reading thru the list archive, i noticed that i needed to convert it to
a PEM - which i subsequently did. that took care of the [35], but i still
don't get any output when i connect. here is a log using the cURL '-v'
option:
(does it tell me why i am not getting any output back?)

$ curl -v -E /home/prgramly/CDGcert.pem
https://sdgate.uswest.com/cgi-bin/index.exe -d 'user_id=kmc6098&password=1029'
Enter PEM pass phrase:
* SSL connection using RC4-MD5
* Server certificate:
* subject: /C=US/ST=Nebraska/L=Omaha/O=Qwest Communications
International
, Inc./OU=IT/CN=sdgate.uswest.com
* issuer: /C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server Certification
Authority
* Connected to uswgne16.uswest.com (204.26.87.94)
> POST /cgi-bin/index.exe HTTP/1.1

user_id=kmc6098&password=1029
* Connection (#0) left alive
* Closing live connection (#0)