curl-users

Re: Redirecting stdout in Win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:10:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Derek Goring wrote:

> I'm a new user. What I want to do is really simple, but I can't find how
> to do it. I simply want to direct all output to a log file. I can send
> errors using --stderr myoutput.log but how do I redirect stdout? Normal
> piping using > myoutput.log eliminates output to the console, but gives an
> empty file. I'm using Win32 on Windows 2000.

I don't understand why that doesn't work. Another way to do it is to use the
-o option like: "curl -o dump curl.haxx.se" or the -O option as in: "curl -O
curl.haxx.se/download.html". The latter example will create a local file
named 'download.html'.

> And another question from a novice: why is Fortran not in the list of
> programs for which libcurl is available?

The amazingly large amount of different libcurl bindings are all contributed
by friendly people who believe libcurl is better used natively with the
language or environment they like/use/master.

Why isn't Fortran there? Quite simple. No one made any Fortran binding yet!
(Or perhaps someone has, but hasn't told me about it!)

For a rather slick list of all the bindings, its authors and where you find
them, check out this:

        http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/BINDINGS