curl-users

Re: help!, bad html form data

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:51:58 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, mrjosh at yahoo wrote:

> Hi, Im trying to develop a curl script to submit a form to a web site (uses
> POST), it has this strange nested structure below:

> Confirmation <br><input type='hidden' name='session' value=</font>
> <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=blah1 VALUE=4>
> <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=blah2 VALUE=V>
> <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=blah3 VALUE=1>
> <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=blah4 VALUE=this>
> <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=blah5 VALUE=that>
>
> PVxRIg85LWst27l2wmuogLnvr1MfGq4Wc6TqVdebIlNAI58pcfWE>
>
> This code actually works in the Internet explorer browser but I cant seem
> to reproduce it using a curl script, I bounced the output from the form off
> an asp server and it looks like this below. Any ideas how to reproduce
> using curl??
>
> blah1 = [4]
> session = [blah2 = [V]
> blah3 = [1]
> blah4 = [this]
> blah5 = [that]

You "bounced" the output? Well, I can tell you for sure that neither IE nor
curl will send any POST data lookning like that. Those may be of course still
be the *values* that were posted.

I guess 'session' just was sent empty and then this isn't any particularly
tricky POST:

        blah1=4&session=&blah2=V&blah3=1&blah4=this&blah5=that

You didn't really tell us what goes wrong so it's really not possible to even
guess what your problems are.