curl-users

Re: cURL 7.9.8 with OpenSSL-0.9.6g on RHLinux 7.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:55:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Bijal Kothari wrote:

> Thank you for prompt reply and suggestion. I tried the config method you
> suggested. Now cURL fails to make, see the error i get.
>
> I re-compiled OpenSSl0.9g and then cURL.

> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `ENGINE_load_private_key'
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `ENGINE_set_default'
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `ENGINE_free'
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `ENGINE_by_id'

curl attempts to use these particular functions since the configure script
detected a header file for the SSL ENGINE stuff (openssl/engine.h) in your
openssl include directory. That file is normally only present when you've
installed the OpenSSL ENGINE support.

To manually override this, edit the curl/lib/config.h file and #undef
HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H in there. Then rebuild curl again.