curl-users

RE: curl-7.10.1: recent 'stunnel' version breaks tests

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:18:03 -0400

Unless you need to make changes to the curl source code, I suggest you simply download a BINARY build from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html. There are a couple of pre-built Win32 versions available. Be sure to choose the one which includes SSL, but not the Cygwin one (unless you use Cygwin of course...).

Unzip the package (anywhere), and (if you want to be able to use it from DOS or shell windows without a full path) place curl.exe somewhere in your path (C:\Winnt\ is a good choice if you don't have any better idea).

For an SSL version, you also need the OpenSSL download, which is available at the bottom of the downloads page. Unzip it, and copy the 2 .DLL files into your path (C:\winnt\).

curl.exe (the command line version of curl) can be used anywhere you can use command-line arguments. A DOS window, from a perl program, etc. I'm not sure what you mean by an HTML program, however there are interfaces to the curl library that can be used from various scripting languages, including Perl, that may be of use on a web server.

--Kevin