curl-users

POST to IIS/5.0 fails

From: Stephan Burlot <sburlot_at_coriolis.ch>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:17:32 +0100

Hi,

Using curl 7.10.1 on MacOSX 10.2.1, I'm unable to POST a file to a IIS/5.0
server.

using curl -v -F file_to_upload=@filename -F submit=OK
http://62.110.77.152/upload/upload.asp, I get an error from the server,
telling me I have to add enctype=multipart/form-data to send the file. Of
course, sending via MS Explorer on the Mac works fine (Omniweb doesnt).

Is this a server issue, ie are there some IIS gurus here able to confirm
this, or is my curl command incomplete? I checked using tcpdump and curl
doesnt seem to send less headers than Explorer, so I'm lost.

In the end, I want to send files programmatically, so any hint in this
direction will be gladly accepted.

Thanks,

Stephan