curl-users

Re: getting a secure page, a chalange at least for me

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 06:52:55 -0600

Another thing you can try is to start from the beginning. Are you *supposed* to
be able to jump direct to the cgi url? Are you sure you're not missing
something like cookie values that are passed from previous page loads, such as
from fetching

    curl -c cookies https://bankieren.rabobank.nl

You've obviously picked up the cgi script args from somewhere, and I don't
imagine it was written out like that on the business card or letterhead or
whatever.

I've got a site here that bounces me to a login server, passing its own url as a
parameter. The login server then bounces me *back* *to* *itself* about 5 times
before finally coughing up the login page. Each bounce does something weird to
the cookie trail, so I can't bypass it and jump to the final destination.

Ralph Mitchell