Re: configure: error: conditional "CONTENT_ENCODING" was never defined.

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:48:36 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Ronald D. Walkup wrote:

> I am attempting to configure curl-7.10.2 on a solaris2.8 baseline.
> I have the gcc compiler installed version 2.95.3 .
> checking whether to enable debug options... no
> configure: error: conditional "CONTENT_ENCODING" was never defined.
> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.

This was a bug in the 7.10.2 version of the configure script. Please get the
more recent 7.10.3 package instead, where this problem should be fixed!

This SF.NET email is sponsored by:
Understand how to protect your customers personal information by implementing
SSL on your Apache Web Server. Click here to get our FREE Thawte Apache