curl-users

Re: Error about chunky parser

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:41:16 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Brad Settlemyer wrote:

> I'm trying to use the curl command line tool to diagnose a problem I am
> having from libCurl. When using the following curl command:
>
> curl --connect-timeout 60 --max-time 300 --no-buffer --data-binary "$data"
> ip:port
>
> I receive the following error:
>
> curl: (56) Received problem in the chunky parser

This error happens because the HTTP response body was sent using chunked
encoding, and somewhere while "decoding" this chunked stream libcurl
discover a problem with it.

If you edit the line in lib/transfer.c that stores this message to instead
look like this:

    failf(data, "Received problem %d in the chunky parser", res);

We'll get some more details on exactly what problem curl identifies. I'll
make it do this by default in the future.

> The connection to the ip is slow, and I am receiving a slew of data, so I
> set the timeouts, but curl doesn't seem to be failing due to my timeout
> settings.

You mean that it keeps going after your given timeout time or that it fails
on this before the time is reached?