curl-users

Re: post with javascript

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:04:30 -0700

At 16:41 +0000 2/25/03, Roberto Basso wrote:
>I'm a new cUrl user,and I find problem with post because
>I have fo fill in a form of a site which use javascript functions.
>Is there anyone who can help me?

The Java still results in a POST just as simple HTML will though it may compute some hidden items before posting.

Get a browser that allows you to log the actual IP packets and use it to see the results. Copy those into files or command lines to emulate the HTTP requests. If you're not using https a generic packet sniffer will do the same thing.

I use iCab on MacOS neXt but I understand that other logging browsers are available on Linux and peecee.

--
--> If you are presented a number as a percentage, and you do not clearly understand the numerator and the denominator involved, you are surely being lied to. <--